Is your Family Prepared?
Each youth age 11-17 will be given an Emergency Preparedness Training book at the expo, then encouraged to visit the many booths and classes to learn. All youth are encouraged to participate, and will receive an extra ticket for the drawing when they pick up the book. Furthermore, when they complete the book, they will be given a second ticket that will be entered into the drawing. The completion of these requirements will also complete a majority of the Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge.
A few of the requirements are listed below:
Discuss with the Idaho Preparedness Expo counselor the aspects of emergency preparedness:
- 1. Prepare for emergency situations
- 2. Respond to emergency situations
- 3. Recover from emergency situations
- 4. Prevent emergency situations
- 5. Mitigate losses in emergency situations.
- Include in your discussion the kinds of questions that are important to ask yourself as you consider each of these.
- Show three ways of attracting and communicating with rescue planes/aircraft.
Do the following:
- a. Take part in an emergency service project, either a real one or a practice drill, with a Scouting unit or a community agency.
- b. Prepare a written plan for mobilizing your troop when needed to do emergency service. If there is already a plan, explain it. Tell your part in making it work.